School Educational Policy
We aim to nurture a person who will continually strive to cultivate a rich humanity in their heart, to understand the pain of others, and to have an international point of view.
Expectations for Students
- Students should always act compassionately and must not hurt other people’s feelings.
- Students should always seek to improve themselves, both mentally and physically.
- Students should behave responsibly and act thoughtfully.
- Students should act courteously, both inside and outside the school, and show respect to each other.
Drinking alcohol, smoking, taking drugs
Drinking and possessing alcohol is prohibited.
Smoking and Possessing smoking producrs is prohibited.
Drug taking and possessing drugs is prohibited.
Acts of dishonestyStudents should always be honest and faithful. They must honour school rules and must not break the laws of the land.
Relationships should be appropriate for a high school student.
Students should maintain a healthy relationship and behave responsibly.
Boys are forbidden to enter girls’boarding accommodation. Similarly, girls are forbidden to enter the boys’boarding accommodation.
Use the school buildings and property in the school with care.
It is illegal to interfere with any fire safety equipment.
Violent behaviour is not tolerated under any circumstances.
Bullying is not tolerated under any circumstances.
Bullying means: ”Behaviour by an individual or group, usually repeated overtime, that intentionally hurts another individual or group, either physically or emotionally.”
The behaviour below is bullying:
Verbal – name calling, threats, insults or offensive remarks.
Physical – hitting, kicking, deliberate pushing and jostling, taking of property.
Indirect – spreading rumours, sending malicious messages, ostracising.
Cyber – through phone messages, mobile phone texts, emails, or any electronic communication.
- 7.Possessing dangerous goods
Students are prohibited from possessing dangerous goods (knives, firecrackers, etc.) under any circumstances.
Failure to follow the above rules and expectations will result in punishment, including warning, detention, suspension or expulsion.
Students are expected to behave considerately and responsibly, even for matters which are not explicitly mentioned above.
For detailed information, please see the link below.
- Anti-bullying Policy (Japanese / English)
- Behaviour, Reward & Sanction Policy (Japanese / English)
- Boarding Policy (Japanese / English)
- Complaints Procedure (Japanese / English)
- First Aid Policy (Japanese / English)
- Administration of Medicines Policy (Japanese / English)
- Health & Safety Policy (Japanese / English)
- ISI Report Feb 2020 (Japanese / English)
- Pastoral Handbook (Japanese)
- Safeguarding Policy
Safeguarding is covered in two parts:
Part1; “Child Protection Policy”,
Part2; “Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedures”＆“Safeguarding Leaflet for Visitors”
- Child Protection Policy (Japanese / English)
- Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedures (English)
- Safeguarding Leaflet for Visitors (Japanese / English)
- Fire Policy and Fire Safety Procedures (Japanese / English)
- Privacy Notice (Japanese / English)
- Covid-19 Risk Assessment (English)